So where are we and what have we been doing with ourselves. Well first off we are trying to keep warm and dry. The weather has been rainy and cold on a daily basis, some days we have seen the sun for a few hours.
We left our stories of London a little to early and need to tell another one. Mary, Mike and I had just said goodbye to my cousin, Helen, and decided to head over to the Hard Rock Cafe for a hot fudge brownie sundae. We knew we needed to take a bus or the metro, I point out the direction to the metro according to my map to find that I was reading the bus map instead.
People think it is easy to travel in these big cities, as do I normally, but they really need to coordinate their transportation maps on to one. I needed to consult 4 different maps in order to get anywhere; the metro map, the bus map, the walking map, and the overland train map, no wonder I was confused. So I did not have time to consult all these maps when Mike starts walking, where? I do not know. So I follow, he stops, I pull out all my maps again and he starts moving again. This happened several times; I would take out the maps, not get a chance to read them, and then put them back. I was getting a little cranky as I did not want to walk all over London, Mary was walking with that bemsued smile of hers that reads, “I am not saying a word.”
Finally Mike asked me where I thought we needed to be, a little annoyed I said “I need to see the MAP”. Not given the choice Mary says this is the right bus, they jump on and I follow. As I now had time to consult the MAP I could see where we needed to be and where the bus was taking us. As soon as I got my bearings, off the bus we go following Mike. He tells us that we can either go left then right or right then left and the HRC is on the other side. I make the decision and we walk to the other side to see no HRC. So I, typical female, go into a store and ask where it is, several blocks straight head. Off we go, we find the place, order a Leffe beer- which is disgusting and our dessert- which is perfect. Mary got her own thinking they were small. Mike and I ate ours and laughed as Mary attempted to make a dent in hers.
The conversation at the table was centered around transportation, directions and maps. This theme continued as we headed from Fort William, Scotland to Glasgow as I was keeper of the MAP and gave backseat directions. We also coined a fun phrase we can not get there because “it is not on my MAP!”
I loved London and would travel back there in a heart beat.
As we arrive in Glasgow I am giving the directions to the B&B. Mary is looking out for Park Street which is the first street I have on my map. Every once and a while she would say a street name I would check for it on my map and respond "not on my map yet". Mike and Mary decide started to name every street, land mark and site they saw. In the begiining I replied nope not on the map yet then I realized what they were doing, I know I am not that quick! When the two of them team up it is not fun. We managed to get to the B&B as soon as the roads appeared on my map!
Times up for today. We are in Germany for the next 2 weeks. Our Egypt phones work if you need to contact us.
2 comments:
Nanc and Mike - glad to hear that you are enjoying yourselves so much! J
Hello - Hello !!! Let's get with the program and get some updates! Nancy you must be back to work now - where are you guys!!!!!???? Miss you a ton!! Judie
Post a Comment