Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Egypt Prep Updates

Can't let Nance have all the fun so I had to do the next post before she beat me to it!

Yes, I'm now more than half way through the Egyptian Arabic language CD and can now confirm (for all those who I'm sure were wondering) that Bill the Cat was indeed speaking Arabic ("Ack!!"). The CD is by Pimsleur and of the various language tapes I've listened to in the past I like this ones approach the best. Nancy's exagerating a bit (No you say? not her?) when she says I'm picking it up easily, I just have more time in my car going back and forth to NH. It's great fun though and it helps that it's such a foreign language to me so nothing sounds much like anything else.

Nancy's doing very well herself and we're having fun quizzing each other, except when I throw in a word she hasn't gotten to yet....I think her favorite word so far is Lamo'Ack Za (sp?) which she says, in the words of her co-worker Tyler, "with such venom!" amusing only because the word itself means "excuse me" or "pardon me". Must be the Worcester accent.....

The sale of the house is still moving forward, inspections are complete and we're basically just waiting on the closing now. Nancy's been waging war against the hordes of stuff we've amassed and after a few epic battles, where it was anyone's guess who was winning, is finally starting to see some progress I think. We've ordered our extra strong boxes that we're using to ship our stuff to Egypt on the slow boat and the now infamous green tape that we have to use (but I'll let Nancy tell that story). Should be in any day now and the madness can continue.

Oh yeah, and in case anyone was wondering...I chose the massage....

Ma'Salaam!!

No comments: